This is an image from ppinkydolls called Halloween Girl (you can find her HERE). I printed this image out at 4 different opacities (100%, 80%, 60% and 40%), then colored them in a little differently. Here is my sheet showing how I colored all the images. I made cards for each one and have included them all in the post, so be sure to scroll through and check them out.
This one was 60% opacity and this was my first try at a monochromatic coloring. I used W5, W3, W1 and W0 and just a hint of color for the cheek and eyes. Here is a close up of my monochromatic coloring.
I am going to enter this monochromatic card into the following challenges:
Shopping our Stash – The theme of Halloween
Through the Craft Room Door – The theme of Anything goes
Try it on Tuesday – The theme is spooky. I hope my witch is spooky enough.
PPinky Dolls – which is anything goes or Halloween, so mine is Halloween.
The next doll was printed at 80% opacity and I colored these in with my prismacolour pencils and gamsol. I made this into a shaker card. I love how the “sprinkles” look like she is sweeping up fall leaves. I thought I’d enter this card in the Tuesday Throwdown challenge, which is halloween colors.
My next doll was printed at 100% opacity and I colored this with different copics. I tried doing a background brick wall, but found out that this picture was too detailed around the hair and hat to get good bricks and was probably too big an area as my brick wall is a little wonky I tried to cover up the poor brick work around the doll by doing a grey shadow, but I’m not sure that worked too well either… It’s all a learning experience and it was still fun to try it out. Here’s my final card anyway. I love this postage stamp type die from Mama Elephant…
My next one was at 40% opacity. The lines were really light, so I thought I’d just use my copic multiliner to go over the lines, add in extras, do some coloring with it and then add a little bit of color to the image. This is how my card for her turned out: